Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Cincinnati

I called the Graves reassignment early yesterday afternoon over in the comments section on mlb.com's fantasy blog based on the Jimenez cut. It signaled the beginning of a major shake-up which had been reported as imminent in last Thursday's local papers.

After Graves blew-up on Sunday, I felt he'd be next.

The question is who else, if anyone. My belief is either Dave Miley will be fired or Austin Kearns will be dealt.

Miley has not kept his team happy especially by playing DWI Freel over Jimenez and Keanrs - both of whom complained in the press.

That segues into the reason I think Kearns could be dealt. His b&m partner was cut so why not clear out one more? This time via trade as Kearns is younger, cheaper and more talented.

There could be nothing but X-files-esque conjecture on my part, but I thought it worth sharing.

No comments: