Saturday, March 11, 2006

Jayson Werth

Los Angeles Dodgers : News : Los Angeles Dodgers News

With Joel Guzman moving to left field, I am down on the Dodger OF Triumvirate of Werth/Repko/Ledee and this bit of news regarding Werth's wrist injury does not help.

"After a good Thursday catching balls with his repaired wrist, Jayson Werth was discouraged Friday when he was unable to rotate the wrist without pain while trying to wave a fungo bat. "

Maybe the question should be why I was high on any of them to begin with? Injuries and the necessity of $1/pool pick-ups who grab 250 ABs and contribute in the counting categories in order to succeed in an NL-only 4X4.

I expect Cruz Jr to be the best back-up OF in LA with him getting time at all three spots. If I had confidence he would continue to hit the way he did after coming to the Dodgers last season, then I would put him at the top of my back-up OF list.

I guess if the Dodgers thought that too, they would not have given the LF job to Guzman.

No comments: