Friday, March 17, 2006

Cole Hamels

I consider Hamels an excellent sleeper candidate and keep repeating he can fill a power reliever role similar to what Madson has done the past couple seasons. And I consider him a darkhorse back-up closer. (Now I have to sneak him into a trade to acquire him.)

Mlb.com has an article about Hamels. Basically, it deals with his back and its effects on his professional career. There was one nugget that caught my attention though.

If not for the injuries, the Phillies believe that their prized prospect would be in the Majors and be a key member of the team's 2006 starting rotation.

What this tells me is the Phillies' brass knows he is arm-ready and will look to him when the need arises. This behavior will be congruent with their beliefs, and whenever cognitive dissonance can be avoided, it will be.

No comments: