Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Plague

ESPN.com reports Barry Bonds may sit out the remainder of the spring to let his elbow and knee heal.

I was uncomforatble with Barry Bonds at the salary I figured he would fetch - $23 or so.

After he hit a handful of HRs in a few handfuls of ABs, I began to gain confidence and debate whether I should have a 300 ABs 30 HR player at that salary.

Now he has elbow issue, and I have decided I will avoid him like the plague. He will be in and out of the line-up all season long, and I do not want to take the chances of having a $20+ playing 3 or 4 times a week. he may hit Hrs but his RBIs will not be up to the salary level, and his AVG will not be as valuable with 200 ABs.

What I will do is bid a little more aggressively for Steve Finley, who reports say has picked-up hitting tips for Bonds and is feeling better than he did last season. (I only hope those two events are tied into Bonds special falxseed oils.)

No comments: