Saturday, March 25, 2006

Home Stretch

This is the home stretch (compound word?) before keeper lists have to be in.

The upcoming week will finally clear-up any positional battles and minor leaguers making the team will disrupt preliminary mock minor league drafts.

For me, Craig Hansen's scoreless spring and Nick Markakis' good one have a chance to make the 5th pick no more valauable than 6 through "x".

The top five picks, in no particulur order, will be ALex Gordon, Brandon Wood, Andy Marte, Craig Hansen and Howie Kendrick. The 5th pick is as arguable as good as the 1st if you assume, as I do, that there is little Roto difference between any of them.

I rank Markakis at #6. the problem for the 5th pick arise if two of those six make the team.

Who do you take?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list. I would take Gordon 1st, then Marte, Wood, Hansen. I'm less interested in Kendrick, maybe because I have Aybar in my keeper league.

What about Jon Lester and Billy Butler? The way Butler hits, and given how horrible KC is, I see no way they keep him out of the lineup.

Anonymous said...

I'd be putting Marte atop that list, followed by Gordon, Hansen, Kendrick and Wood. Boone is really on soft ice, while we all expect Gordon to come up in Aug and take some hard knock lessons. If Foulke wasn't having a pretty decent spring himself, I'd have put Hansen second... But it's all up in the air still.

In my 5x5 AL league, for my 4 keepers (a player can only be kept 1 year and then goes back in the pool) Jeff Mathis and Yuni Betancourt at $1 each, Rob Mackowiak at $3 and the gem, Felix-H, also at $3. However, I may regret keeping Betancourt over Gathright, who I had for $6 (but wasn't convinced that he had a job or would stay in the AL -- I should have taken the gamble!)...
Nice site, by the way.