Friday, March 24, 2006

Sleeper Alert

Dewon Brazelton was dealt to the Padres in an exchange of disappointing prospects. The Padres used Sean Burroughs to acquire him from the Devil Rays.

In 12 innings this spring, Brazelton has struck out 14 batters and walked 4.

In 253 major league innings, he struck out 136 and walked 142.

I know it is spring training and the quality of line-ups are inconsistent, but something happened.

I have little doubt Brazelton would go for $1 or undrafted and will look to grab him myself after the Spring training Cy Young awardee, David Bush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An article in a San Diego paper detailed how Dewon was involved in a custody fight for his young son last year that resulted in a leave of absence and some bad pub. The article says he's much more comfortable this year and also realizes that opportunities in the bigs don't last forever. I'm in a 10 team, 10 keeper NL only league, I've got him down as a late round flyer.