Sunday, March 19, 2006

Jenks & Burnett

Ready! Fire! Aim!

This morning two reports refute the direness of the recent posts on AJ Burnett and Bobby Jenks. (If they didn't seem dire, it is only because I didn't write them that way but I certainly was thinking that way.)

1st, Burnett's elbow is being called a case of scar tissue breaking-up. Great for him and the BJays, but a warning shot across the bow nonetheless.

I wasn't going to draft him anyhow, but I would lop a few dollars off his value regardless. Maybe this sets-up a potential bargain, but unlike the Jays, I won't take that chance.

2nd, Bobby Jenks has lost no velocity unattributable to Spring training. More interestly, the rumor was started by a respected baseball writer, Tracey Ringolsby, and was erroneous.

So much for my post about Cliff Politte being this season's Arthur Rhodes circa the Oakland A's - opens the year as the closer and is out of a job by April's end.

No comments: