Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Jeff Salazar

I received my copy of John Sickel's The Baseball Prospect Book 2006 yesterday. My first stops are the various prospects on my rosters and the ones I have been scouting for my minor league draft.

I may or may not address how congruent my opinions of various prospects are with Mr. Sickels, but one that immediately jumped out was Jeff Salazar.

What struck me was the assessment that he was a "EXCELLENT defensive outfielder." Isn't this exactly what the Rox need in their spacious OF?

I listened to XM Radio's Fantasy Focus during lunch. The team review was for the Rockies. The expert-of-the-day stated the OF in Colorado is non-descript and to watch the non-roster invitees. At no time did he mention Salazar.

Some may immediately conclude this as rebutting my assessment or Mr. Sickel's. I do not. What it does do is cement the sleeper status of Jeff Salazar. Keep his name in mind and grab him as soon as you can.

No comments: