Thursday, February 23, 2006

2005 Misses

I have my 2005 minor league draft cheat sheet available.

Amongst the players I had listed, and were not taken, were Ambriox Burgos, Ryan Garko, Jason Botts, Joaquin Arias, Brandon Wood, Brad Snyder, Melky Cabrera, Dan Meyer and Jon Papelbon.

Clearly, the HUGE miss was Brandon Wood . Burgos and Papelbon are "established" as major leaguers, and Botts, Cabrera and Meyer are failures on some level.

Garko has some value but I would not use a minor league pick on him. Joaquin Arias is blocked at SS by Michael Young, one of the best Rotisserie SS, but could merit a pick if you don't believe the whispers that he is a couple years older than his listed age.

I covered Brad Snyder earlier and defintely consider him a lock for one of the 24 picks available.

The Wood Error will be correctly very quickly.

FWIW, I selected Ian Kinsler (2), Brian Anderson (8), Brandon Moss (11), Aaron Hill (14), Wes Bankston (15), Chris Young (16) and Elijiah Dukes (23). Of those, only brandon moss would fail to be picked.

No comments: