Friday, February 17, 2006

Jason Kubel

Last week, I was told that Twins GM Terry Ryan told XM/MLB Radio that Kubel is 100% for Spring Training.

I missed it but had hoped for confirmation from the blog XM Radio MLB Chat, but it wasn't there.

Yesterday, I read this post at Fake Teams referring to a Star Tribune article that said he is, in fact, ready.

Grab him before this is common knowledge. (The person who told me about the Terry Ryan info is a leaguemate and had just traded for him. I liked the deal when I thought Kubel would be protected at the draft as a DL player.)

FWIW, Kubel is a 2006 ETA on John Manuel's list. I get the sense that every post I make can be brought back to that list a la the Six Degrees of Separation for Kevin Bacon. (BTW, the autobiography of Stanley Milgram, the discoverer of that six degrees fact was quite good. Experimental psychology won't be as effective ever again. Wow! Did I digress!)

No comments: