Friday, February 24, 2006

Style Drift

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball

Like I suspect most fantasy baseball players do, I sign-up for several free Yahoo! leagues to help fill my need for Roto after waiting 5 months from last season's end.

I had an aoutpick draft and cutomized my rankings with every single closer on the list. Needless to say, I got a lot of them. As I do not pay money for this league, I was not concerned.

While closers are dimished in value in a 5X5 format, the fact remains there are only 30 of them. If a team needs one, they have two options - go into the pool or trade. Unlike OF, CR and SP, the pool is not a good place to fish for Saves.

Given I have 6 closers and 2.5 starting pitchers, I will need SP to compete. I can grab a seemingly endless supply of SP with 4.00 ERA. What I need is a starting pitcher I cannot get from the pool.

Will any of the closerless teams recognize we are in the same boat - needing something we can't get from the pool? And will that recognition lead to a closer for stud SP trade?

No comments: