Friday, February 17, 2006

Peter Gammons & Jayson Stark

Both ESPN reporters are now blogging.

Unfortunately for many, they are behind the ESPN Insider subscription service. (Personally, I think it is a good business move for ESPN. If I didn't already subscribe, I would likely do so.)

I wonder how both men will do having to produce copy more frequently than the once a week or so they had normally done. Without an organizing principle i.e. Rotisserie baseball, I can see both becoming rather dull.

I read Buster Olney's blog everyday and most of it consists of short blurbs linking to newspaper articles. I wonder if Stark and Gammons can do anymore than that without turning to fantasy baseball applicability. And if they can't, I wonder if they have any staying power.

I've got a lot of wondering.

No comments: