Thursday, March 02, 2006

AL SS $$$ Ranges

$30+ Michael Young, Miguel Tejeda

$24+ Derek Jeter, Jhonny Peralta

$17+ Julio Lugo, Carlos Guillen, Bobby Crosby

$13+ Juan Uribe, Angel Berroa, Orlando Cabrera

$7+ Russ Adams, Alex Gonzalez

<$6 Jason Bartlett, Yusi Betancourt, Omar Infante, Pablo Ozuna

Only 16? And only that because I tagged Infante and Ozuna onto the end of the less than $6 level.

There is very little depth at SS. This could lead towards higher values for all involved. There will certainly be a team or two who fill their SS and MI with two of these players and another who fills the DH slot with one.

That would mean 6 of these players would be on three teams and leave the other 9 scrambling amongst the remains. Typically, one could guess those extra three SSs would be from the top of the pile, but my experience always allows for one team to just do something inexplicable. I'd calculate that 5 of the 6 will be from the top.

Who do I think are most likely amongst the remaining 10 to be over-bid?

1. Alex Gonzalez: try ignoring those 20 HRs.
2. Orlando Cabrera: try ignoring those 21 SB
3. Yusi Betancourt: try ignoring he is a starter with no viable back-up. To me, that means stay away!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Jimmy Rollins still play SS? I had him last year and he drove me crazy for most of the year, but I still think he's overlooked on this list.

Anonymous said...

I'm an idiot - didn't see you were rating AL SS's only.

Carry on.